About the Cause
Sometimes good things happen as a result of tragedy in our lives. Learning that Checker’s life would be cut in half by the presence of the nerve sheath tumor caused me to look for a way to preserve his memory and in the process help other animals and their owners in the fight against canine cancer. My search led me to the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine’s Chase Away K-9 Cancer Program and Paws For The Cause Foundation was launched to raise monies for their research efforts.
The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Foundation supports clinical studies in veterinary medicine and your donations to Paws For The Cause will help fund programs of research, education, advocacy and service to promote health and wellness for our dogs. To date, studies have been funded in the following areas:
- Clinical evaluation of Carboplatin plus Gemcitabine in canine osteosarcoma
- Developing novel single chain targeted agents for canine hemangiosarcoma
- Investigating the biologic activity of Gemcitabine in canine osteosarcoma
- Efficacy of Vitamin D (Calcitriol) for treatment of canine mast cell tumors
- Pre-clinical evaluation of Two-Photon-Targeted Photodynamic Therapy Triads
- Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 and –9 and Cathespin-B in canine meninglomas
Your donations will help to fund these and other studies in canine cancer research and together, we can find a cure.